Weight Tracker

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Its a new day and I love myself :)

Chelle kind of hit on this in her blog...attention is it wanted or not?

 I have been hitting the gym and there has been this guy that keeps working out on the machines next to me and seems to always be walking by me or looking over at me.....I used to see him at circle K in the mornings getting coffee but now my hubby gets my coffee so I don't go there.

It is awkward for me.

Is it all in my head?

Is my ego getting out of control.  Well I decide I am anxietal over it and it makes me feel uncomfortable.  I don't wear my wedding rings to the gym because it hurts my hands lifting weights, but yesterday I wore it and...he wasn't there.

I need to learn how to deal with this either in my head or in real life.  I don't want to have anxiety on how to talk to guys who make passes...I don't have this problem with women, well women have not been making passes at me...well one did but it did not cause anxiety.

On another front.  I am going to pay attention to snacking and keep on at the gym and hope for results next week.  My hubby reminded me how awesome I was feeling before weigh in.  How I am enjoying how I look in new clothes and just generally feeling better with more energy...he is right...I need to celebrate this weight I am at and what I have accomplished because this is an awesome feeling and it is only going to get better because I want it to and I am dedicated to make it happen.  It may not happen as fast as it does for some but I will get there

So today is a new day and I am feeling better about myself---score 1 for me!!!

11 comments:

Vanessa said...

Your hubby is totally right! You have to celebrate the now while moving toward the goal. As for the attention ~ I wrote a whole post on it last year - I just go with it - flirt away and have fun. Its normal and healthy!

No name said...

YES! I don't want to get too egotistical but at the same time it's like wait, maybe they ARE looking at me??? It's such a maze.

Rhonda said...

Well, I can't even contribute anything to this... because I'm young and love attention. lol

I mean, I'm in a serious relationship, but he even likes it a little when I get attention. Reinforces that he made a good choice when choosin' his woman. ;)

I say just enjoy the attention. Not too much, though, obviously.

Sarah said...

I'm with Ronnie and Vanessa. If he says something you just say you are married the same as anyone in a relationship would say that or someone would say they are uninterested.
And yes celebrate feeling good. You've been working hard.

DiZneDiVa said...

Enjoy the attention.... You are gonna have to get used to it, since you are getting hotter by the second. And Confidence is sexy as hell, so as you feel better about yourself... the attention will increase. Watch out Guys... Here she Comes!

Jazzing up Jackie said...

I say enjoy the attention. As long as said gentleman doesn't try to be a homewrecker, because that's rude. I think I've been living with too much fat for too long...over the weekend my future mother-in-law mentioned that a guy at our yardsale was checking me out. I was totally oblivious.

adorkbl said...

You have astalker! Creepy. JK. But maybe not? Circle K & the Gym. Hmmm.

RockBand Barbie said...

I completely agree with your husband. You should be totally proud of yourself and celebrate how far you have come!!

Cheri said...

I am so glad your husband knew the words to say to reach your heart and make you feel better.

Would it help to practice some scenarios in advance with your husband or a friend? Maybe that would lessen your anxiety? Or is it this guy in particular that worries you for some reason?

Leigh said...

You're awesome:) and sometimes wedding rings make no difference. Some guys are just ignorant to the ring and do what they want anyway! Enjoy the limelight. You deserve it:)

MandaPanda said...

I agree with EVERYONE else...hubby and all. Enjoy the attention...you're earning it with your gym attendance. :) And celebrate how far you've come! I know you feel you've gotten a slower start than others but you're really kickin' some butt!