Weight Tracker

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fill Room Chat...

So I got my fill yesterday....had to wait 2 1/2 hours because the doctor was behind.....yee gawds I hate waiting.  While I was sitting in the waiting room I talked to a guy who had been banded since 2009 but was there because he had terrible acid reflux and was gaining weight.  He had dropped from 450lbs to 280 but was up to 340.  He said he didn't know why and if he had to have his band removed he would just die before replace it with another band....OMG really?  He then said how he lives on an Indian Reservation and quality food is hard to come by(um...excuse) and that he had to eat everything with Mayo and Butter(umm...excuse) and that food on Indian Reservations is different than other places(umm..excuse) so I just did a lot of biting my tongue...and wondered should I have called him out?  but I don't think he wanted to hear it.  He said he goes thru a jar of mayo a week (OMG really)  Then he says how he exercises all the time and nobody in his family is overweight(don't by that either).

So when do you be real and when should you keep your mouth shut?  I guess I gave examples of what I do and what I ate and the tools I use but kind of just got tired of talking to him because he is not being real.  You have to change what you eat.  No it is not easy.  Yes it probably takes more work than before.  When you exercise you have to get your heart rate 70-80% of max heartrate to really get any significant calorie burn.  I guess I felt he expected his band to do the work and that he did not have to... but it was kind of depressing to listen to him almost give up without really ever trying.

Doc gave me .5 after looking at how many calories I was eating and what I was eating.  I hope its not to much but he really lectured me to eat slower and take smaller bites....and I am REALLY going to try to watch that.

Anyway today is Boobs Challenge weigh in
Last Week Weight 226
This Week 221
Total Weight loss 5lbs

HOLY CRAP PEOPLE!!! 5 Lbs  yeah!!!!!
So my trend during this whole challenge has been I lose wieght every other week.  My body seems to hold onto it for as long as possible and then dumps it.  Every other weigh in has been a no show but then followed by a large number!  I am so glad I didn't say WTF and binge or not work out....otherwise I would never have seen that 5 lbs and I love the way I feel.  I love the way my clothes are loose.  I love seeing my fingers and toes thin out.  I love the energy I have (even though my muscles are tired).  I LOVE THE WAY SKINNY IS FEELING.

13 comments:

MandaPanda said...

Wahoo! 5 lbs is amazing!!!

That guy doesn't want to know how to do it right. He's either an idiot, oblivious to the world, or just in denial. There is no magic pill...any WLS requires a change in lifestyle. This guy isn't willing to make it. And eeewwww to that much mayo.

Thanks for the motivation yesterday! It was sorely needed. :)

Run, Chelle, Run! said...

5lbs, wow!!!

Yup, I've had encounters like that in the waiting room. And I just don't know what to say - people like that obviously aren't really interested in what you have to say, you know? I mean, come on, a JAR OF MAYO A WEEK? If you need some lubrication for your meat (hehe) try...bbq sauce? Teriyaki sauce? Low fat dressing? Etc etc etc...

Momee3021 said...

WOOOOOOO!!!!!!! HOOOOOOOOO!!!!! You are freaking AWESOME!!!!!! You lost 5 lbs!!!! and do you know why ??? Cause you don't eat a jar of mayo a week and because you are one with your band and your running shoes... I love that you are doing great.

Mar's kids said...

Ugh, what a frustrating conversation that must have been for you!

But obviously you're working with your band and making those hard choices to eat right and move - because FIVE POUNDS ARE GONE!! Woot!!

Jen said...

You are AMAZEBALLS!!! So impressed.
AGain, like I said, making excuses are how a lot of us got to where we were weight wise and it appears, that guy is still in the same mindset. I feel bad for him that he'll never get it.

Cheri said...

Congratulations on the great loss! Now while you are feeling good - note to yourself (as you have already realized) that for you weigh ins may be more accurate bi-weekly or monthly. Not saying you shouldn't weigh in as often as you like, just that I hope you can ride the pattern out with more comfort - does that makes sense?

Hope that didn't sound obnoxious. I have a personal bias. My pattern is to look at my weight over a month, because my weight has a definite week 1, 2, 3, 4 pattern to it based on my cycle. I know some people don't have that at all, but for others it can be a pretty big factor. I've done WW so many years, it's really obvious.

Elizabeth said...

Nice job lady - amazing loss!!!!! :)

eliminate the mayo and you will prob see a loss.... just saying!

DiZneDiVa said...

Great Loss!

Harmony said...

Great loss!

Now I am going to go gag on the thought of that much mayo. ::shudder::

Amy said...

nice job!!! wooooooottttt!!

Rhonda said...

A JAR OF MAYO? *GAG* Even on keto, I don't use that much. Blech. I really don't buy that they can't get better food than that on an Indian Reservation. Whateverrr.

I would have called him out, but that's just me.

Rhonda said...

Oh, and great loss this week, hon! :)

RockBand Barbie said...

That's a great loss! A whole jar of mayo??? I couldn't even tell you how long the jar of mayo has been in my fridge. You hit the nail on the head...excuse, excuse, excuse.