Weight Tracker

Thursday, August 16, 2012

6 month bandiversary

Wow, can't believe its been 6 months!  What a journey.  I would never have guessed everything that has happened to me and my band in the last 6 months.

Starting Weight 267
Current Weight 226
---------------------
Total Weight Loss 41lbs

I still have 76lbs to lose to get to my goal.  I am still shooting for 100lbs loss at my  1 year and I think it is doable.

Truth be told I thought the worst battle was getting approved by insurance and getting my band..but that was the easy part.  The work once I had my band has been challenging.
1.  Getting fills to get to green zone....I am still not there...not sure when that will happen.
2.  I got a fill last night .5cc and that brings my band total to 4.3cc total
3.  I was hungry as hell last night and I consumed 2000 calories.  I was also completely tired.  I went to gym but I struggled and I mean that I had 2.0 incline and only could muster 2.5-2.7 mph on the treadmill for an hour and my heart rate was UP?  It was crazy I have never walked so slow but felt like I was at 4.0   I am attributing this to one tired body.  I think all this exercise is catching up with me.  Normally I would take a rest day but I really want that body bug so I am going to push thru to the end of the month.  I may also be battling a bug..my throat is sore and I feel some congestion
4.  For me, every fill is a learning experience.  What I once was able to eat is on watch after another fill because you just get tighter and tighter.
5.  Weather, stress and TOM affect the tightness of my band.  Also way tighter in morning than night.
6.  I must plan my meals and snacks to be successful.  I make bad choices when I don't do this
7.  Track my food.  I am not accountable when I don't track.  Even when I track I find that it is hard to write down everything I eat.  It takes time and diligence.
8.  Exercise is key and making sure you get your heart rate up.  I say exercise is key because I lose inches with exercise.  I can fit into smaller clothes than another person who weighs the same as I do but does not exercise.  I am almost in a 16...most people at 226lbs do not wear a size 16.  
9.  With exercise, I eat more and I need to make sure what I eat does not sabotage the good work I have put in...I AM TOTALLING WORKING ON THIS.
10.  I take a multi vitamin and have since day 1 on this...I don't take any other vitamins.  I hate taking vitamins and am just proud that I at least take a multi vitamin
11.  I get cranky and emotional.  Now that food does not pacify me, I find myself very moody and emotional A LOT.  I think food mellowed me out and learning how to deal with my emotions is tricky.
12.  I thought the surgery was expensive---LOL its all the fills and maintenance.  The amount of money I have spent is CRRRRAAAZY when I look back at all the bills insurance has paid the surgery is becoming less than all the other things (port flip-resurgery and fills....I have had over 10 and each one gets billed at and paid $750).
13.  Blogging has been a bigger outlet than I ever thought it would be.  I am so happy I started blogging.

So I took TTT a little further than 10 things today..but I think its doable being my 6month and all.

14 comments:

No name said...

Happy bandiversary!!!

I am with you on the emotions thing. I have been finding that it's hard to deal with emotions head on without food to block it. It's a struggle for sure.

Keep it up girl!!!

Jen said...

Happy Bandiversary my friend!! You are doing so well. I know you will hit that 100 lb mark before or at your 1 year b/c you are amazing!!

Mari said...

Congratulations on your 6 months! You are doing so so well! x

Mar's kids said...

Woot! You're doing so well, and it's because you're aware and focused 90% of the time - yay you!!

And yeah, someone needs to get to work on that 'head' band :)

Elizabeth said...

Congrats!!! and awesome job!

MandaPanda said...

You've done so well!! Especially with all the obstacles you've faced. You've fared as well if not better than some others in their first six months that didn't have those obstacles. Keep it up!

DiZneDiVa said...

You are so inspirational. You've lost an amazing amount in 6 months, since you weren't really heavy to begin with... I don't think 100 pounds in a year is a realistic goal because when you get that close to goal, it will be so much harder... I am can't wait to see you prove me wrong.... And whatever you lose will be incredible! Keep exercising with strength training you will speed up your metabolism...and you will kill that goal. XOXO *M*

Steph said...

Happy bandiversary...you are still a babd baby in my eyes and you are doing awesome! Can't wait to see you in Chicago and YOU WILL have that boot NSV. I promise!!!

Harmony said...

The Body Bug will be a great tool to add to your arsenal. I have a similar product (Body Media) and I love it.

Happy 6 months! Keep up the good work!

RockBand Barbie said...

Happy bandiversary!! I had no idea fills were that expensive. I never pay attention to the cost since my insurnace pays all of it except a $35 copay...well my old insurnace did. I have only had 2 filss since I don;t know if my insurance pays for it or not. I think you have done great!

Cheri said...

Congratulations on your 6 month bandiversary! You certainly have been through a lot in the last six months, and despite all the challenges, you've seen really great weight loss, and incorporated some terrific new habits. Lots to celebrate and be proud of!

Amy said...

Happy Bandiversary! :)

zbayardo said...

happy bandiversary!!!!

Rhonda said...

Congratulations on 6 months out! I'm also tighter in the morning than at night, but not too much (actually, just barely, but hey). It's definitely the norm. :)

Also, tracking my food and being accountable is really important! Glad you realized this so soon, some people try to start tracking after a year or so and find that they just mentally can't.