Wow, can't believe its been 6 months! What a journey. I would never have guessed everything that has happened to me and my band in the last 6 months.
Starting Weight 267
Current Weight 226
Total Weight Loss 41lbs
I still have 76lbs to lose to get to my goal. I am still shooting for 100lbs loss at my 1 year and I think it is doable.
Truth be told I thought the worst battle was getting approved by insurance and getting my band..but that was the easy part. The work once I had my band has been challenging.
1. Getting fills to get to green zone....I am still not there...not sure when that will happen.
2. I got a fill last night .5cc and that brings my band total to 4.3cc total
3. I was hungry as hell last night and I consumed 2000 calories. I was also completely tired. I went to gym but I struggled and I mean that I had 2.0 incline and only could muster 2.5-2.7 mph on the treadmill for an hour and my heart rate was UP? It was crazy I have never walked so slow but felt like I was at 4.0 I am attributing this to one tired body. I think all this exercise is catching up with me. Normally I would take a rest day but I really want that body bug so I am going to push thru to the end of the month. I may also be battling a bug..my throat is sore and I feel some congestion
4. For me, every fill is a learning experience. What I once was able to eat is on watch after another fill because you just get tighter and tighter.
5. Weather, stress and TOM affect the tightness of my band. Also way tighter in morning than night.
6. I must plan my meals and snacks to be successful. I make bad choices when I don't do this
7. Track my food. I am not accountable when I don't track. Even when I track I find that it is hard to write down everything I eat. It takes time and diligence.
8. Exercise is key and making sure you get your heart rate up. I say exercise is key because I lose inches with exercise. I can fit into smaller clothes than another person who weighs the same as I do but does not exercise. I am almost in a 16...most people at 226lbs do not wear a size 16.
9. With exercise, I eat more and I need to make sure what I eat does not sabotage the good work I have put in...I AM TOTALLING WORKING ON THIS.
10. I take a multi vitamin and have since day 1 on this...I don't take any other vitamins. I hate taking vitamins and am just proud that I at least take a multi vitamin
11. I get cranky and emotional. Now that food does not pacify me, I find myself very moody and emotional A LOT. I think food mellowed me out and learning how to deal with my emotions is tricky.
12. I thought the surgery was expensive---LOL its all the fills and maintenance. The amount of money I have spent is CRRRRAAAZY when I look back at all the bills insurance has paid the surgery is becoming less than all the other things (port flip-resurgery and fills....I have had over 10 and each one gets billed at and paid $750).
13. Blogging has been a bigger outlet than I ever thought it would be. I am so happy I started blogging.
So I took TTT a little further than 10 things today..but I think its doable being my 6month and all.