Weight Tracker

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Its not swimmers ear....

Ah geeze well I really didn't earn the mom of the year award...it was not swimmers ear but an ear infection and a ruptured ear drum.  The poor guys cold must have been worse than he let on...I thought he was getting over his cold but actually it was really bad.  So the doctor gave me ear drops and antibiotics..I am just hoping his hearing is not damaged.
I guess I am glad I took him to the doctor and we didn't wait any longer.  I have been keeping up with the motrin and last night he actually felt better.
The dog goes in for his comprehensive today..lets hope he is not at deaths door because then I will think I am mommy doom.
Hotter than hell here in Phoenix...can't wait for some monsoon rain...hope it is rainy this year but I doubt it.
I have been really craving chili lately thinking of making up a batch..I keep hitting up Wendy's once a week...or it could be that its so hot I don't want to cook...hmmmm

8 comments:

Jen said...

Poor guy!! But you aren't a bad mom! how would you know?? Hoping the drugs kick in and he's back to feeling good soon!
It's hotter than balls here.. I can't take it and it's only going to get worse!

RockBand Barbie said...

Hope he hets better quick! If it makes you feel any better I made my son walk around on a broken foot for two days when he was 8...he is now 26 and still doesn't let me forget about it :)

Sarah said...

It's hotter than Hades and you're craving chili!?! You best check your temp, sweetie! ;)

And that poor guy! Hope he feels better soon... xoxo

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com

Steph said...

We all have those "I suck as a mom" moments, but don't stress. We're not doctors...LOL I hope he gets better soon, but seriously don't beat yourself up over it.

Wendy's Chili rules. It is my go-to fast food.

Banded With Favor said...

Jenn, I have been on a soup kick!!! Now you mention Chili!!! Have no clue why, but it just sounds yummy and tummy pleasing for some reason.....gonna have to go to Wendy's now too!!!;0)

MandaPanda said...

You're not a terrible mom. We definitely all have those moments especially when symptoms are mimicking something they've already had. Mmmmmm....chili. I definitely have been thinking it's too hot to cook. Grill...sure. But use my oven and heat up the entire kitchen? No way!

tz said...

I do stuff like that all the time and not only am I a mom, I'm a freakin' nurse! So I get a double whammy of guilt...

hang in there!

Momee3021 said...

It's ok ! My guy blows his ear drums all the time with the worst ear infections on the planet and his hearing is fine and he too never lets on until its so infected that they're gonna blow even with the antibiotics. Its getting better now that he's almost 8. You're a great mom I'm sure it's just that your psychic powers are on the fritz with your crazy heat!

Ps now I want chili - hate you! LOL!!!