Weight Tracker

Friday, January 13, 2012

BYOC Bring your own Crazy!

It’s Friiiiidddaayyy! That means it’s time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy! A little ditty you can participate in on Fridays to get to know your fellow blogger better and to give your blogging brain a break. Copy and paste to your own blog and ENJOY!!


No theme today – just massively random!

1. Do you have a favorite traditional “birthday meal”? If yes – what is it and what is the meaning behind it?


I don't have a set meal, but we usually let the birthday person choose where they want to go out to eat for dinner.  In the past its been Benihana's(love that place), Benihanas....Benihanas...ok for quite a few years I seem to pick that place.  I love the stir fry rice----may be a no go this year!

2. If you’ve lost weight, has your style changed since you lost weight? Or what's your dream purchase when you do lose weight/hit goal?

I want a pair of boots.  I want a pair that comes up to my knee...looks sexy and fits, without it looking like a muffin top at my knees.  I haven't worn boots since i was a kid.  I also want to be able to go down hill skiing.  I had to pick up snowboarding in order to get the boots to fit.  My fat calves prevent it.

3. Pick one question of the following two to answer: Who is your favorite Muppet and why? Or who is your favorite Smurf and why?

I love the old men who belittle and make fun of everyone in the balcony.  Mmm very judgemental and hilarious they crack me up.

4. When you buy a lotion or after bath spray or body spray or candle (not perfume) – what’s the “flavor” you always find yourself loving the most?

Something fresh, fresh linen, ocean breeze.  I don't like anything foody(not a warm cookie, vanilla sugar, cinnamon type girl here.)

5. Repeat question. Summarize your week in real life and in blogland.

Real life is - bleh.  I am a little down because I want to get this show on the road.  I am tired of waiting to get my band.  I have my final appt Jan 25.  I called today to see if my doc sent in my last 3 years of records(if you remember they only sent in 2009) and they have them all.  The only thing outstanding is a PCP clearance letter from my doctor and my EGD(scheduled for January 26).  I am not sure if I should make an appt with my PCP to get her to write the letter or just call her.  I may just call her.  I don't want to wait until Jan 25th to find out I need something.  I want that paperwork to go to Aetna ASAP.

Blogland is awesome.  I am really enjoying reading how everyone is doing and I am super excited for Lisa who just got approved and a surgery date this week!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I just bought my first pair of over the calf boots and I'm still a little nervous to wear them but can't wait!
I hope your process speeds up soon and you make it to the other side soon!!
Benihana's - YUM!! Haven't been since I've been banded but it's soo good!
Have a great weekend!

MandaPanda said...

I haven't bought a pair but I tried on like 4000 pairs of boots this winter and they all fit! It was seriously one of the most exciting NSV's I've had. LOL!

Lisa said...

Aww sweets, I know the feeling of what you are going thru and you are going to have good luck like me. I think since we are early year submittals, insurance co's have less claims and they aren't backed up yet.

When I had my last weigh in, I called a few days before and make sure to remind them I needed the letter written ahead of time and faxed THAT day. I wanted everything sent to my surgeon on the last weigh in day. Maybe do the same so you won't have to wait on them. Don't be blah.. You are right around the corner!! It's almost here!! Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!