Weight Tracker

Monday, November 26, 2012

unrecognizable...

So I have been meaning to post about this but it seems weird and its been a little weird for me to accept.

I was at church last week and hubby does greeting at church and works on the technical aspect of the computers and lighting so I usually sit alone.  I could go sit with others but I am not that big into it..I kind of like the alone time, once awhile a few of my friends sit with me but I sit in the same back corner every week. Anyway hubby noticed a blonde in the corner and was wondering who was in my spot, he told me a couple times he thought about it and wondered where I was, if I was late or not coming and then it hit him that that girl was me and he was floored at how much I had changed and he hadn't noticed.  Weird right?

So then I was at the store Wednesday grabbing a few last minute thanksgiving stuff..because I swear I forget stuff every year and I ran into the pest guy, he didn't see me so I went up to him and said hi and he gave me a blank stare and I said it was me and then he apologized and said he totally didn't recognize me and that I look great and how was I doing and blah blah blah.... the weird thing for me is that a few people have said they can tell I look great and have lost weight but the majority of the people I know are just being quiet about it so I don't think that much about it.  But when you have a couple of those unrecognizable moments it kind of rings home and don't get me wrong..it felt awesome.

I caught my image in the glass a few times passing stores and it doesn't look like me, the girl looking back seems like someone else?  But its me...when I see myself in the mirror, it does look like me (maybe with the air let out) but I don't notice that big of a change but yet I do>?  weird and indecisive I know.  Our pastor talked again yesterday about being grateful in the moment, not waiting until you reach something better but truly taking stock of what you are grateful that exact moment.  I have been truly trying everyday to come up with things I am grateful for and I find it gets easier and easier.  One thing I have never posted.  I am grateful for my weight loss.  I keep waiting to get to goal to do that but you know I am VERY grateful that I didn't gain weight over turkey day that I am comfortable in my normal size clothes.  That I see myself in pictures now and I don't cringe or try to cover up.  I am grateful for the extra energy.  I am grateful for my body wanting to work out.  I am grateful my body craves better food.  I am grateful for the person I have become.   What a grateful month to be at such a different place than last year.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow that is so awesome! I kinda feel that way..it scares me getting thin again. I was thin and curvey in my 20's and I just got so comfy in my 30's being plumpy and lovely.

I think with my new workouts I'm going to be thin and sexy in my 40's!

Run, Chelle, Run! said...

I hear you, it's such a strange and weird feeling (great too, but weird.) I have had a couple people not recognize me and I am always mystified - I'm still ME! - but like you, was super grateful over Thanksgiving to feel so normal and look at pictures and not hate them.

RockBand Barbie said...

He was probably thinking "who is that hot blonde???...hope my wife doesn't catch me checking her out" :)

Leigh said...

Hey now! Did I write this post? You know exactly where I'm coming from. Strange but a feeling I'll gladly work on accepting! Awesome huh?

adorkbl said...

Awesome. Love that. Must feel awesome.