Weight Tracker

Monday, June 10, 2013

Busy week working..means little blogging time!

Crazy work week.  I had to put in 87 hours last week at work preparing for a release..I am exhausted.  This weekend I spent time responding to an RFP for our company which is writing...I suck at writing but it got done.
I met up with Amy and Jen this weekend for a quick bander brunch..those are always fun and we laughed and got caught up.  I cherish those moments because it is always so easy..they get it.
Johnny and I have been having fun when we can...we went bowling and had a good time, in fact I promised we would go again this weekend.
I have been LOVING my therapy sessions.  We have just recently got involved in my eating and why I eat.  It seems to always go back to my mom and dad.  My mom was severely sexually abused and beaten as a child.  I am amazed sometimes when I hear stories of what happened.   Needless to say she is not an emotional person.  Growing up we never talked about feelings.  Which is why I have a hard time expressing them and working through them.  Also I had a lot of let downs with my dad, waiting for him to pick me up for visitation as a kid..and he never showed up...when he did show up he was high or drunk and I would have almost panick attacks as a kid being around him because he was erratic in behavior and basically scared me. Well I guess those feelings again I never worked through so they manifest themselves in other ways...in how I deal with men in particular.  I always used to run away from them.  Which is why we are delving into the fact that I have gained and lost over 100lbs multiple times in my life...she thinks its because I always go back to not being able to handle the feelings and shoving them down and coping with it, with food.  Its been very interesting.....On the weight front...I am sad to report that I have gained 10lbs.  I am bummed but I know I will take it off when I get the fills going again.  I am exercising slowly..hard to do when I was working so much these last couple of weeks.  So I hope to remedy that and in turn keep that gain to only 10lbs.  Today I am going to try to set up my first fill for July 13..hopefully they will let me...its just shy of 8weeks since my EGD..but I wanted to get in a couple fills before I go back to North Dakota.  Well thats it for now my lovelies...I will try to post more this week.  I miss all of you terribly and feel like I don't know what you have all been up to so I am going to try to read up on all of you that are my faves!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I am SO glad therapy is going well for you! Hope work settles down so you can take care of yourself.

MBFL said...

So glad to see you here, I have been thinking about you.

Glad the therapy is going well. Sounds like you found a good fit for you.

I am right there with you. My EGD unfill just happened to fall right in line with a stress and I gained at least 15 pounds.

I went in for a fill last week, the doctor gave me 2.5 cc and I couldn't stop throwing up so I had to have some removed. I just hate paying $150 every time I go in for a fill.

Cheri said...

I am glad you are loving therapy, it sounds like you are doing a lot of WORK and that can be emotionally draining - so I am glad you are feeling it is good, not just exhausting, you know? :-) You are such an amazing woman Jenn, working so hard at your job, doing great as a mom, doing all this work on yourself. I'm glad you are also fitting in the time to see your friends, and therapist, etc! SOOO good to hear from you, you've been on my mind!xo I hope you can get the fill soon, and I know you can get the ten pounds off, keep taking care of yourself, you are da bomb.com.

Tina@The BanditGirl said...

great to hear from you! you and Johnny are so cute! Glad therapy is helping you, you deserve it!

Unknown said...

I was thinking about & wondering how you've been.

Glad you are having a good experience with therapy & that it's helping you through things.

I have a goal to lose 10lbs before my next appointment on 7/16 so I'm right there with you. You've got this!

Anonymous said...

A good therapist is invaluable! So wonderful you found one who is helping you.