Weight Tracker

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Johnnys Moms day card!

I had to share this one last card I got from Johnny.  It had me laughing and crying in the same setting.
I will tell you what it says because its hard to read

My mothers name is Jennifer, but I like to call her mommy.  She is 42 years old and she has been a mom for 102 years.  She is 55 feet tall and she wears a size 9 dress.  In my eyes, she is always beautiful, but I especially like it when she wears her wedding dress.
My mom keeps our house squeaky clean.  Her favorite chore is washing the dishes.  My mom is also a great chef.  The tastiest food she makes is mashed potatoes with gravy and chicken.  When my mom needs to relax she goes to bed and watches tv.  She leaves me lots of reminders to clean up my room and she always tells me "I love you" :) I love my mom because she looks pretty.

Its so funny to see it from a childs perspective!

I am still in shock that there is only a week and half left of school...boy the year flew by!  I bought our tickets today to go back to North Dakota to visit my cousins..decided to stay a week this year instead of just 4 days so we are pretty excited.  Its always nice to get away from here in July to go back and stay on the lake in ND.  Thats about it for yesterday..it was kind of a sad day for me..I seemed to cry a lot yesterday..hoping today will be better for me and trying not to look too far out in the future.  I just hate it when I listen to music anymore or even going for my walk and seeing happy people..for some reason everything just made me want to cry...but I got to live those feelings out and not let them get pushed down with food.  Your words of encouragement meant a lot to me guys.  I don't want to always hit you with depressing blogspots so I will always try to have something positive to say.

11 comments:

Stained Glass Butterfly said...

So, is it true that you love washing dishes? Ha ha. What a funny and sweet card.

If you need to vent or write out your feelings, then do it...don't worry that anyone reading it will find it depressing. Everyone has moments and life events that are upsetting. If you can't write about it, where are you going to vent it?

MBFL said...

It is going to be hard but it sounds like you are doing the right thing.

We can cry on each others shoulder. I don't think I have stopped crying since last Thursday. I know our situations are different but they keep telling me it gets easier.

Tina@The BanditGirl said...

Great card! So sweet!

Jen said...

I can't wait to give you a big hug on Sunday!! That card is unbelievably sweet - what a little sweetheart you are raising!
We are going to Michigan in July as well and I cannot wait!!
xo

Sheila said...

Oh my gosh I love this card. I love hearing things from the perspective of a child. I'm sorry about your marriage breaking up, and since I'm a new reader, I don't know lots. But from what you shared it sounds like you are making a good decision for you and your son. Hugs to you!

Rachel said...

What an adorable card. (((hugs))) for you...

Run, Chelle, Run! said...

55 feet tall! :) I love it, I love seeing what kids REALLY think!

Jules said...

It's ok and healthy to let it all out, that's how you heal. please don't ever feel you need to impress us or worry about posts being depressing. We all care, we all support you <3 I know how hard it gets working through it. You've got the sweetest man, I love his card to you, I love how he sees things. Hugs to both!

Cheri said...

Such a sweet card!

Jenn, I remember when I first started blogging you telling me it took some time for you to find your voice blogging, but you learned to just be yourself, and that was the secret - something to that effect anyway. :-) It stuck with me, because you are always such an authentic person. I hope you know you can be yourself when you are sad, too. Maybe it's good to try to find one happy thing each day - but do it if it is for YOU, not for us - we are fine whatever you want/need to blog about.

I remember being that sad for a long time - the craziest things would make me cry - a bike on top of a car - crazy things. And I had this constant pressure on my chest, like someone was shoving it in. It eventually got better but it took a long time, and part was getting through the crappy situation that was causing it - the nuts and bolts of life you are slogging through. I ate a lot also, and gained weight, so I'm so proud of you for not doing that! I know I'm a broken record, but the biggest lesson of that time for me was support, support, support. To this day I'm always trying to think of how to get more support in any situation, not struggle on my own, because sometimes it is just too hard to do without a lot of help. I used to try to do everything on my own. I'm glad you are taking a longer vacation, and hope that will be a good trip. xoxo

Unknown said...

What an adorable card Jenn!! And its so good for you to release those bad feelings! And if here is where you can do that please do! I know this is a tough time, and I hope you find peace. But until then we are here for you! Hugs!

RockBand Barbie said...

Love that card! Sometimes I go back and look at the little stuff my kids made for me when they were little. I kept a file folder of stuff for each year they were in school. So glad I did that!